The International Café at St Bart’s is a cultural café for all internationals studying or living in Bath, whatever your background. It is run by Christians at St Bart’s Church.
Welcome to Bath! We hope you can join us…
- The café happens every Friday from 7.30-9.30pm
- The first café is on Friday 3rd October.
- It takes place at St Bart’s Church on King Edward Road in Oldfield Park. Click here for a map.
- If you are coming from campus, we can arrange for someone to meet you and show you the way.
- The U18 bus stops nearby on Lower Oldfield Park, just 5 mins walk away
- Thornbank Gardens is 10 mins walk
- To make friends with people from Britain and across the world
- To practise speaking English with local British people
- To relax, play games and have fun
- To enjoy some good food, including traditional Christmas meal & Chinese New Year celebration
- To learn about British culture, eg. Bonfire Night, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter, from a Christian point of view
- To find out about the Christian faith
7.30pm Doors open: Hot drinks and snacks. Play games and chat
8.15pm Cultural activity/Short Talk
8.30-9.30pm An opportunity to explore the Christian faith or keep chatting with friends
Please note: We ask for a £1 voluntary donation towards refreshments.
Café continues over the Christmas and Easter holidays, but we take a break during the summer.
Autumn Term 2014
3rd October Guide to British Culture
10th October Bath Survival Guide
17th October Birthday Party
Sunday 19th October International Welcome Service and lunch
24th October Light Party
31st October Board Games Extravaganza and Table tennis
Saturday 1st November Local walk and Afternoon tea
7th November Remembrance Sunday
14th November Bonfire Party
21st November Food from around the world
28th November St Andrew’s Night with Scottish Dancing
5th December Christmas Meal
12th December European Christmas Cultures
19th December Holiday games night
26th December No café
2nd January Chill out café
9th January Chill out café
Why did he come?
What does it mean to follow him?
Internationals trip to the Cotswolds, 2013