The International Cafe at St Bart’s is a free cultural cafe for all internationals studying or living in Bath, whatever your background. It is run by Christians at St Bart’s Church.
- The cafe happens every Friday from 7.30-9.30pm
- Please note that the day of the week has changed from last year.
- It takes place at St Bart’s Church on King Edward Road in Oldfield Park. Click here for a map.
- If you are coming from campus, we can arrange for someone to meet you and show you the way.
- The U18 bus stops nearby on Lower Oldfield Park, just 5 mins walk away
- Thornbank Gardens is 10 mins walk
- To make friends with people from Britain and across the world
- To practise speaking English with local British people
- To relax, play games and have fun
- To enjoy some good food, including traditional Christmas meal & Chinese New Year celebration
- To learn about British culture, eg. Bonfire Night, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter, from a Christian point of view
- To find out about the Christian faith
What happens each week?
Opportunities to explore Christianity:
1) Monday Lunchtimes on campus: 1:15-2:05 in 8W2:4
Explore the storyline of the Bible, translated into many languages and the best selling book in history
For more information contact Frances
2) 30 minute Optional Bible discussion during International Cafe – Starting Friday 1st November
Who is Jesus?
Why did he come?
What does it mean to follow him?
We will be looking at Mark’s Gospel, one of the accounts of Jesus’ life.
How can I find out more?
Contact Frances Lewis at email@example.com
Join the facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/112801738901631/
What’s happening this term?
|31/01/2014||Chinese New Year|
|07/02/2014||Richness of the English Language (puns?)|
|21/02/2014||Songs of place|
|28/02/2014||St David’s Day|
|11/04/2014||Knowing me knowing you – find out about the team!|
|18/04/2014||Good Friday + Easter|
|* Some events may change|
Internationals trip to the Cotswolds, 2013