The International Cafe at St Bart’s is a friendly community for International students to make friends with local people and other internationals.
Come to eat, relax play games, & share culture. The cafe is run by Christians at St Bart’s church but is open to all.
Welcome to Bath! We’d love to meet you…
- The café happens every Friday from 7.30-9.30pm
- The first café is on Friday 2nd October.
The best way to keep up to date!
- It takes place at St Bart’s Church on King Edward Road in Oldfield Park.
- 5 minute walk from Thornbank Gardens
- 20 minute walk from town
- Get the U1 or U18 bus from campus or town:
Get off on Lower Oldfield Park, then walk on Junction Road, go down Second Avenue and turn left & you’ll be on King Edward Road.
Through Facebook: www.facebook.com/stbinternationalcafe
Email Alex or Frances: firstname.lastname@example.org
|2nd October||Guide to British Culture with Tea & Biscuit Challenge|
|9th October||Bath Survival Guide|
|16th October||Royal Family Night|
|Sunday 18th October||International Welcome Service and Chinese lunch 11:15am|
|23rd October||Malaysian & Singaporean Night|
|30th October||Light Party|
|6th November||Bonfire Party|
|13th November||Food from around the World|
|20th November||St Andrew’s Night: Scottish dancing special|
|27th November||Team Challenges|
|4th December||Christmas Meal|
|11th December||Christmas Film Night|
|Sunday 12th December||International Christmas Carol Service 11:15am|
|18th December||Wii and Table Tennis|
|8th January||Table Tennis and Board Games|
- To make friends with people from Britain and across the world
- To practise speaking English with local British people
- To relax, play games and have fun
- To enjoy some good food, including traditional Christmas meal & Chinese New Year celebration
- To learn about British culture, eg. Bonfire Night, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter, from a Christian point of view
- To share your culture
- To find out about the Christian faith
What happens each week?
7.30pm Doors open: Hot drinks and snacks. Play games and chat
8.15pm Cultural activity/Short Talk
8.30-9.30pm An opportunity to explore the Christian faith or keep chatting with friends
Opportunities to explore Christianity:
Why did he come?
What does it mean to follow him?