SERVICES DURING THE HOLIDAY PERIOD
- Sunday 8 December: 9.30,11.15 and Riverside congregations host Carol Services at their usual times. The evening service is at the normal 6.30pm.
- Sunday 15th: Timings are as normal for our three morning congregations but at 6.30pm we have a wonderful 'Carols by Candlelight'.
- Sunday 22rd: Our 9.30 and 11.15 congregations join in a single 'Celebration Service' at 10.30am. Riverside and Evening services are as normal
- Christmas Day: All our congregations join in a short 'Christmas Day Service' at 10.00am
- Sunday 29th: All our congregations join in a single 'Celebration Service' at 10.30am
- Sunday 5 January: Back to normal with three morning congregations and one evening service.
The 9.30am congregation has a broad spectrum of people who join together to worship the Lord and encourage one another. The congregation includes members of all ages, from newborn babies to those in their 90s! Our worship has traditional and modern elements to enable everyone to engage with the theme of the day, based on the main Bible passage. We bring praise to the Lord through a range of songs, including well known hymns and popular worship songs. The sermon aims to help us understand what God is saying through the Bible and apply it to our everyday lives.
Our Welcome Team will help you to feel at home from the moment you enter the door. The children from 0-14 go out for separate age-appropriate teaching during the sermon, but we often have a short “God’s Word Says” section that is accessible to all in the main service too.
Our services last between 60 and 75 minutes. The fellowship continues as we share refreshments and chat in the Church Centre afterwards. The majority of those who come eventually get involved in some way in the running of the church and services, so that there is a strong sense of teamwork.
Three individuals co-lead the 9.30 (Ian Lewis, Sam Medworth and Will Shepherd).
You may also like